Saturday, August 7, 2010

August 7, 2010 Random Thoughts of Encouragement

I found a personal encouragement in each section today:

Ezra -- God can and will deal with a government that is hindering a labor given by God: this is personally applicable for us, as Bob's business has been directly hindered by State government being slow, and totally ignorant; and it was a business given to us by prophecy.

Corinthians -- I'm God's fellow laborer.  That doesn't make me better than anyone else, it just means that God is doing His part in giving increase.  I'm the temple of the Holy Spirit: His refining fire is working all the time to burn off stuff that doesn't please Him.  If I hang in there with Him, I'll have some gold and silver and precious stones to offer Him in the end.

Psalms -- I'm just in awe of the voice of God!  The power, beauty and majesty of His voice is compelling beyond all other sounds.  Whenever I hear Him, I am moved to worship Him.  I can see, hear, touch, feel and sometimes even taste His voice.  I want more.

Proverbs -- I just got this picture of the Lord walking around in my unconscious holding up a lamp.  He's not leaving a single corner, closet or cubbyhole untouched by His light.  There is nothing hidden or unknown to Him, so I don't have to fear what might be lurking around in there.  I'm encouraged to cooperate with Him and let Him completely in.

 It's just not possible to read God's word and not get something, if you're open.  If you're not getting anything real and personal from Him everyday, ask yourself this question:

Am I willing to receive whatever the Lord has to say to me today?

No comments:

Post a Comment