Monday, June 28, 2010

June 28, 2010 A Choice of Princes

Don't you just love the Psalm today? I suppose I could say that about all Scripture verses, since they're all from the Lord.  This one spoke to me particularly about something that's been on my mind a great deal lately.

"Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help." Psalm 146: 3  I can say "Amen" to this, because, well. . .how many times have I done this myself, only to be disappointed?  We're going to get disappointed if we look to a person to be our savior,deliverer, provider. . .etc.

In my personal life, I still struggle sometimes to put my full trust in God.  I have to trust God when my husband faces difficulties.  I've had to trust God many times when things seemed impossible, and God, not man, has come through.  God has not changed, only circumstances.  Still, we get stretched, and our faith and hope get stronger.  God still uses my husband to provide for me, but without God's help, he wouldn't be able to do it.  He'd be the first to say so.

In the wider scope of things, I am challenged daily to again put my full trust in God.  I see disasters around the world-- many man-made-- and the problems appear to be so insurmountable that I thank the Lord I am not a world leader.  Mankind seems to be making things worse the more we try to fix things.  When will we decide we can't do it ourselves and turn to God?  I pray for the governments to have the wisdom to solve these things.  But more and more, I pray for the return of Christ to rule and make things right.  We are instructed to do this, and we all need to be in agreement:  "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on Earth, as it is in Heaven."

While we still have a voice in this nation--  a democracy that gives us the right to think, choose and vote-- we must seek God's will and choose our government accordingly.  God has given a great privilege!  We have the government we choose.  This means that we have the possibility of choosing the Kingdom of God even now!  Why would we turn this down? 

It is not man we are to look to for leadership, even though God often works through human instruments.  Christ Jesus is the Prince of Peace, and He is willing to have the government laid upon His shoulders.  He will raise up a government that is able to lead in wisdom and righteousness, if only we will turn back to Christ and look to Him as our true Prince.  When we don't look to Christ to lead us into the truth, what we end up with, instead, is lies and destruction.  There is no philosophy or political agenda, no man or government that can accomplish God's will without submitting to God.  No matter how good it looks, a counterfeit will always disappoint.  Let's not choose the wrong prince!


5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help,
Whose hope is in the LORD his God,
6 Who made heaven and earth,
The sea, and all that is in them;
Who keeps truth forever,
7 Who executes justice for the oppressed,
Who gives food to the hungry.
The LORD gives freedom to the prisoners.

8 The LORD opens the eyes of the blind;
The LORD raises those who are bowed down;
The LORD loves the righteous.
9 The LORD watches over the strangers;
He relieves the fatherless and widow;
But the way of the wicked He turns upside down.

10 The LORD shall reign forever—
Your God, O Zion, to all generations.
Praise the LORD!
[NKJV]

No comments:

Post a Comment