Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 30, 2010 Keeping Nothing Back

Alas, this morning, I was busy beating myself up slightly for writing so much in a blog that was "supposed" to be brief devotional.  I've got books in me that keep trying to get out.  This is personal, yes, but I was greatly comforted (or in Luke's words, "not a little comforted") to read today about Paul, how he talked until daybreak, even putting a young man to sleep (and raising him from the dead when he fell out the window!).  It was what he said about his reasons for saying so much:  "how I kept back nothing that was helpful" Acts 20:20, and that he had "not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God." vs 27.  In no way am I comparing myself to Paul, or saying that I have the whole counsel of God, but only expressing that I share God's heart for His people, which is why I end up writing so much.  I only have my part, but I am compelled to share my part.

We make our plans, but it's God who guides our steps.  (Proverbs 16:9) Yesterday, the Holy Spirit told me not to apologize for doing what He led me to do.  It reminded me of Julia Childs saying "Never apologize".  I will apologize if I do something wrong, actually wrong.  I feel like apologizing when I don't meet up to people's expectations, or my own.  But I am learning to resist that.  It's only God's expectations that we have to live up to (or should).  He is faithful to let us know He is pleased with us, and that's all that matters in the long run.

FYI: I have started a Twitter account-- can you believe it?-- and I will post a very short thought on the OYB reading for the day (among other things), for those who want to get a quick insight, and it will have a link to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment