Monday, May 24, 2010

May 24, 2010 "The Right To Remain Silent"

Do you ever feel a weight of glory in the Scriptures?  Today I did.  Just one little part of what Jesus said has so much glory in it that it is really overwhelming if you contemplate it.  For instance, "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it." John 14:12-14

I find that my response to this kind of revelation varies depending on where I'm at in my life.  At this moment, I'm feeling like worshipping Him because I just came in from praising Him on the keyboard, and His presence is here.  It's hard to think of anything else except Him when He's around!  What He wants right now is for me (and you) to get what He's saying here.  He wants to do His works through us!  How awesome is that???

When I'm hearing Him say, "whatever you ask in My name, I will do, so that the Father is glorified," I'm going to listen extra closely to see what is in the Father's heart.  How does He want to glorify Himself in the Son today?  Jesus is authorizing me to pray.  I'm going to get my prayer answered, guaranteed.  I'm going to wait and hear and pray. 

I think we all feel like David did when we have a great victory, have our prayers answered, and experience the favor of God.  Why not follow David's example in praise, no regard for our dignified appearance or what others are thinking?  If we take Jesus at His word, we are going to have some great victories, do some awesome exploits, and be accompanied by the glory of God wherever we go.  Jesus' motivation was to glorify the Father, and so should ours be.  I do not want to deny Him before men by being afraid to praise and glorify Him freely in their presence.  I feel this opportunity will come up more and more often.  I relinguish my "right to remain silent."  Praise the Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment