Monday, July 12, 2010

July 12, 2010 What We're All About

This simple statement is so powerful on its own that I really don't feel the need to say much about it:  For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.” Romans 1:16-17 NKJV  It was the Apostle Paul's mission statement in a way, if I remember rightly what that term means.  It was what he was all about, in a nutshell.

After reading in Acts about the conversion and ministry of Paul, I am quite ready to learn from him (via the Holy Spirit) about the power and righteousness of God, the walk of faith, and the message of the gospel of Christ.  I want to have his heart, for truth and for souls, imparted to me-- you? 

I think I enjoyed, more than ever before,  vicariously going on those mission trips as I imagined sailing on the numerous ships to various places, seeing the miracles and rejoicing in the people who received Christ.  Now I am looking forward to sitting at that preacher's feet, in a way, and letting the things that motivated him to so lay down his own life get into me and motivate me.  There is no time barrier in the Kingdom of God.  It's just as real and alive now as it was then.  With this attitude, then, I plan on diving into the letters and coming out changed.  Want to join me?    

No comments:

Post a Comment