Thursday, January 14, 2010

January 14, 2010

I'm particularly blessed today as I take to heart a very pertinent message from the OYB, very relevant to my husband and I right now. Genesis 30:27 Laban said to Jacob "I have learned by divination." This tells me just about all I need to know about where some personal attacks against us are coming from in the business/financial realm. They're not getting their "information" or motivation from anything but the devil. Our warfare is not with flesh and blood, etc. Jacob's encounter with God is very relevant too: "I have seen all that Laban is doing to you." Gen.31:12.

God gave Jacob specific directions so as to bless him and deliver him. In Matthew 10:16-23, Jesus gives instructions for how to deal with persecution, because He knew we would get it. The Psalm gave me added comfort: "You, O Lord, will protect us; you will guard us from this generation forever." (the Shield theme again!). The Proverbs, as well, chimed in with it's exhortation about wisdom and understanding. Psalm 12:7, Proverbs 3: 13-15.  For Jacob, wisdom translated into physical wealth. If you take this spiritually though, the wealth that you gain from wisdom is better than that even, and no one can ever take it away from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment