Thursday, January 7, 2010

January 7, 2010

I'm on the topic of "seeing" again! Does that surprise you, since I'm an artist? Sometimes I forget that God sees, really sees, and sees me. I used to be afraid to be "open" with God until I realized He sees it all anyway. And still loves me. I want intimacy with Him (I always think "into-me-see"), so I want to go purposely to the Well of the Living One who sees me (Genesis 16:14).

When I got to the Gospel reading, I was a little worried at "Beware of practicing your piety before others in order to be seen by them" Matthew 6:1. I brought this up with the Lord, concerning doing this group especially, and my fund raiser for Need Him Ministries. Checking my heart best as I could, I felt my motivations were right, to lead others towards God and to shine my light. Will others judge my actions wrongly? Maybe, but God SEES my heart.

Then in Matthew 6:22  I saw something different in one of my favorite verses about the eye being healthy. If I trust my own eyes, my natural vision, I'm going to be full of darkness. But if I give up my own sight and let God be my "eye", I will be full of light-- because He REALLY sees, knows, discerns-- there's no darkness in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment