Friday, January 22, 2010

January 22, 2010

When I read the Matthew passage for today, I couldn't help thinking of Haiti. Jesus had compassion on the multitudes and healed their sick. Then when they needed food, he multiplied the loaves and fish. I think we don't have much trouble seeing Jesus doing these things, if we believe in Him. But what if we could see ourselves doing these things?

Some people act like that's heresy, to say we could do what Jesus did. But He told the disciples, "They need not go away; you give them something to eat." Matthew 14:16  He was trying to get them to see what He was passing on to them-- what He could do through them if they would just believe. Peter walked on the water-- he got a little glimpse.

Sometimes I think I have a little glimpse, but I'm not doing it yet. I see it though, and if we can see it we can go there! In a world so wracked by disasters, famine and pestilence the children of God are the ones who can deliver: everything that God is and has. I know this to be true. I am praying for it to come to fulfillment.

No comments:

Post a Comment