Friday, January 8, 2010

January 8, 2010

I am always impressed with Abraham's conversation with God. I'm sure Abraham was aware of the great evil in that place and was habitually interceding for Lot and his family. I always thought "how could Lot offer his daughters to those evil men?" but today I realized that the ladies weren't in danger from those guys. He included it to let us know clearly what those men were up to and what the Lord thinks about it.

I found myself comforted and warned by the Scripture selections today. Warned, because I saw how easy it is to become compromised in righteousness when we're in close contact with and influenced by the world, judging our own condition by comparison with what's going on around us. Comforted, as I also noticed the reference again in Proverbs 2:7 to the Lord being our SHIELD, and the references to God's justice.

It's also like Wisdom and Prudence, verses 10 and 11, are guarding us in the Way, and they will lead us out if need be, to protect us--like the two "men" did (I'm assuming they're angels)--from judgments to come. If I'm seeking the Kingdom and His righteousness first, Matthew 6:33, I will have my eyes on God and won't look back. Genesis 19:36

No comments:

Post a Comment