Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January 27, 2010

Jesus told us to be humble like a child: that is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:4. Moses was humble, but he made God angry when he told God to "please send someone else," even after God said He's put the words in his mouth and had given him signs to show. Exodus 4:12-14 (I'm struck by how the Lord didn't recind the call, just made a provision for Moses' weakness.)

I've had the Lord tell me to do many things I just knew I couldn't do, and yet He was there helping me when I stepped out. Of course, there have been many, many times I didn't step out because of fear and unbelief.

Apparently, the greatest humility is to take God at His word and obey, no matter how crazy it seems, and no matter what anyone else thinks of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment