Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March 10, 2010

Lately, I've been contemplating the concept of "mainstream."  Wouldn't it be a great thing to reach so many people?  And yet, as in today's reading, following the crowd can lead to direct opposition to God. 

Having God's opinion and outlook, and standing up for it, can often put one into direct opposition to the crowd.  Caleb and Joshua were the only ones who saw the Promised Land with eyes of faith.  As it turned out, they were the only ones, of their generation, who were allowed to enter.

This makes my choice clear.  Rather than seek to appeal to the masses, I must continue to seek for God's perspective and approval.  As lonely as that can feel at times-- for someone like me who enjoys having people's approval-- I'd much rather have God's approval than "to win the whole world."  I'll have to leave the winnings up to Him.   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment