Thursday, April 15, 2010

April 15, 2010

It's one of those days I just have to spend extra time with the Lord and get filled up.  Psalm 84 really resonated with me today!  My heart is on pilgrimage, and if I don't keep my focus on Christ, as He's my destination, I won't see the desert turn into springs.  If I don't stay filled up with His water and light, I might end up turning into a pillar of salt, having preferred the "refreshments" of the world.  Just being in the Lord's presence, soaking in the music of heaven, feasting on His words, and taking the burdens of life before His throne are the things that keep us going on our pilgrimage.  We need one another and we need to shine our lights in the world.  But if we're not filled up, we're not going to be a blessing for anyone else, and our light will be darkness.  Psalm 84 is a lifestyle of the heart.  I hope you will always take time to be with Jesus, who is our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment