Friday, April 2, 2010

April 2, 2010

“If a man has committed a sin deserving of death, and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree, his body shall not remain overnight on the tree, but you shall surely bury him that day, so that you do not defile the land which the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance; for he who is hanged is accursed of God. Deuteronomy 22:22-23

Meditation on Good Friday

They nailed you and hung you,
Son of God, on a tree,
Cursed you,
Spat on you, reviled you,
Though you'd never sinned.
It should have been me

Hanging there for all my sins,
Rebellion, infirmities,
defects. Mine,
Not yours.  You were cursed
For me, in my place, 
So I could shine
With your forgiveness
And mighty grace.

by Karen Gladys Henry

I am so thankful to the Lord Jesus for all He endured for me, so that I could be saved.  Aren't you?  He did it all for you too.  He said, "It is finished."  On the other side of the cross is freedom!  Freedom from all that pertains to the fall of mankind.  Jesus endured it all, then left it all in the grave.  I am still struggling to comprehend what it means to pick up my cross and follow Him.  To follow Him into freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment