Friday, April 9, 2010

April 9, 2010

Today I received a personal word from the Lord from the daily reading, an encouragement and a greater understanding of what my purpose is for this particular blog.  Here's the verse I read:

And again He said, "To what should I compare the kingdom of God?  It is like yeast that a woman took and mixed in with three measures of flour until all of it was leavened."  Luke 13:20-21

He said that I am to be like that woman, mixing the fresh word of God about the Kingdom into the One Year Bible daily devotional.  It is, of course, up to Him to see that His Word ministers to people, but up to me to do my part of the work.  I am reminded of the "leaven of the Pharisees" that Jesus warned His disciples not to have.  Hypocrisy and unbelief come to mind when I think of that leaven, which would turn the good flour into poison bread.  But the leaven of the Kingdom of God is much more effective, because it is motivated and nourished by God's love, and it will not puff anyone up, including myself, but will truly edify.

No comments:

Post a Comment