Friday, February 19, 2010

February 19, 2010

I'm holding on to these promises: "For there is nothing hidden, except to be disclosed; nor is anything secret, except to come to light. Let anyone with ears to hear listen!" And he said to them, "Pay attention to what you hear; the measure you give will be the measure you get, and still more will be given you. For to those who have, more will be given; and from those who have nothing, even what they have will be taken away." Mark4:22-25

One of the hardest things in life, for me, is to keep up with something on a daily basis. I am so right-brained! I get lost in my projects and lose track of time. Sometimes I don't even know what day it is. I don't often get out of touch with the Lord, I'm just not a very "habitual" person. And I can be very verbal, but sometimes, I'm really not. So disciplining myself to read the One Year Bible every day-- and then write something-- is not always an easy task. But I am determined to keep trying, and when I don't manage to write here (I'm being pretty good on the reading part), I will just jump in and try again. I don't always have something brilliant to say. Sometimes I just feel like saying, "I'm here, are you?"

What I got from the verses today was, that I will get out of my devotional times what I put into them, and more. Now that's a good deal if you ask me. Plus, when I come across mysteries in the Word, if I ask and listen, the Lord will speak, as He delights in revealing. It's easy to get in "task mode" and forget to listen. That's why I don't often write anything early in the day. Sometimes I just have to listen for a while. And sometimes what I hear is just too personal to write on a public blog! I'm sure you can relate.

I think if we have faith to receive something from the Lord in His Word-- and we have all been given a measure of faith-- then we will receive if we put in our part. But if we have no faith in Him, we end up losing whatever of the Word that we had once gotten, because we end up letting something steal it from us, like in the parable of the sower. I don't want that to happen to me, so I am determined not to let the "cares of this life," good or bad, choke out the Word so that it's not fruitful in me. I want to excercise my faith and be faithful. And since faithfulness is a fruit of the Spirit, the more I abide in Him and His Word, the more faithful I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment