Monday, February 1, 2010

January 29,2010

Do you see a correlation between Pharoah receiving God's judgments and Jesus' statement "it will be hard for a rich person to enter the kingdom of heaven"? I do! And I think it's "the little children" that live in Goshen. Matthew 19:23, 14

It seems, from reading the Exodus account, that not having the "fear of the Lord" results in "hardness of heart." These are things that keep us from entering into the kingdom of heaven. We can be as "poor as a churchmouse" and still hold riches in our heart as our god. Poor people can be as hard-hearted as wealthy people if they don't trust God.

If we look around, I think we can see the hand of God revealing hearts, as "hailstones" of one sort or the other pound away at corruption, oppression and idolatry. The sooner we admit that "The earth is the Lord's and all that is in it, the world, and those who live in it" and that we are His stewards, the sooner we can submit to Him and stop resisting His pressure.

I want to have the soft, pliable heart of a child. Jesus laid His hand on them and blessed them. And if His hand is on me, I have nothing at all to fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment